14ers Series Topographic Hiking Map 12 of 16 covers Challenger Point, Crestone Peak, Crestone Needle, Humboldt Peak and Kit Carson Peak from the west side on the front of the map and from the east side on the back, including all hiking trails in the surrounding areas. This rugged trail map was designed for on-trail use in the toughest outdoor conditions and includes the following features:
- Waterproof and tear-resistant paper
- Ultralight weight – under an ounce
- Detailed 1:30,000 scale (1 inch ≈ ½ mile)
- Distances for all trail segments
- Compact folded size to fit in your pocket – only 3.8” wide by 6.5” tall
- Convenient size and foldability for quick and easy on-trail review – 19” wide by 13” tall unfolded – no more fumbling with huge maps while on the go
- All fourteener trailheads – not just the popular ones – with GPS coordinates
- GPS coordinates for all key trail junctions
- Route difficulty classes for each peak
- UTM 1000 m grid along with latitude-longitude ticks
- Easy-to-read and intuitive
The northernmost fourteeners of the Sangre de Cristo Range are featured on this map. On the front of 14ers Map 12, access from the western trailheads are shown. Routes to Challenger Point and Kit Carson Peak via Willow Lake Trail from South Crestone Trailhead / Willow Trailhead and Crestone Peak, Crestone Needle via Cottonwood Creek Trailhead are shown. Also included is the South Crestone Trail to South Crestone Lake.
The back of Map 12 shows access to these fourteeners from the east via South Colony Road and South Colony Lakes to Humboldt Peak and the Crestones. Also featured is North Colony Trail and Marble Mountain Trail from the Rainbow Trail. This is Map 12 of 16 14ers Maps covering all Colorado 14ers.